When you are planning on getting your boobs done, know that it’s kind of like looking for a new job or purchasing a home—it requires thorough consideration, some basic understanding of your options, and ample research. With this in mind, below are some vital facts to know about breast augmentation.
- You could try out various breast sizes before deciding on which ones to get. Using sizers, which are neoprene sacks filled with beads; you could easily stuff your bra to get a clearer picture of the exact size you want.
- There are saline and silicone implants. Silicone breast implants feel and look more natural, but it would be tougher to determine if there’s rupturing because of its consistency. Saline breast implants, on the other hand, might show slight ripples in particular areas of your boobs. However, since they’re mainly filled with water, you’ll notice if it becomes ruptured because your breast size would decrease as well.
- In general, you’d have to stay home and rest for about a week after your breast augmentation, says Dr. Steven Warnock, a top plastic surgeon in Utah. While you won’t feel 100% fine following the first week, you could go to work, considering that you don’t perform manual labor. He adds that you can’t do vigorous exercises such as cardio and plyometrics following your procedure. Majority of patients would have to limit their physical activity for at least 12 weeks.
- Your new breasts would feel different from real ones, but smaller breast implants and those located under the muscle would be harder to detect.
- If you have teeny A cups, you can’t just slap on DD cups in one go. Your skin and body would need ample time to adjust to the changes. Your surgeon would probably recommend that you go up two sizes up first and then increase your size over the course of several years.
- Not all surgeons that claim they’re board certified are actually certified. This means that your must do your own due diligence and research your shortlist of surgeon candidates thoroughly.
Getting your boobs done is a choice, but one that would change your life forever, so prior to making a decision, make certain to consider the abovementioned facts about breast augmentation.