The Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) operates the only multi-sector, non-profit and independent ecolabelling program in Australia. It is the country’s only Global Ecolabelling Network (GEN) member.
An ecolabel from GECA indicates that a service or product passed the environmental impact evaluation process. This means it has been tested and proven safe for human health. In ecolabelling, GECA considers a product’s environmental impact throughout its lifespan, from the selection of raw materials to its disposal.
Many businesses like Gyprock.com.au and other companies using GECA-certified product have now realised the gravity of their role in taking care of the environment. When you purchase GECA-certified products or services, you are assured of the following:
- You create a positive impact on the environment. These products have been thoroughly evaluated and guaranteed to be eco friendly and will not have a damaging effect on the environment.
- All products with the ecolabel undergo extensive testing for toxic chemicals, which includes carcinogens and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Ecolabeled products are carcinogen-free and do not pose a health risk to humans. GECA employs specific standards of testing to evaluate a broad range of products and services. This includes construction materials, paint, cleaning products and furniture.
- The ecolabel also indicates that the manufacturing processes have positive social impact. The workers involved in the process work in safe environments and are under the most ethical conditions.
- Using ecolabeled products for businesses offers a sustainable and healthy working environment which can improve staff’s productivity, efficiency and safety. It makes businesses eco friendly, creating a positive impact on the staff and on the clients in the process.
- The use of eco friendly product also offers businesses a more cost-effective solution.
The use of products and services with the GECA ecolabel lowers your carbon footprint. It also supports businesses that deserve your patronage.