If you’re looking for a condominium to rent, start by a simple online research. Look for websites that not only provide details of the options available, but also accompany their selection with photos. Some even offer virtual tours.
Here are some simple steps you shouldn’t miss when looking for a condo:
- Decide on your budget.
- Start by narrowing down on neighbourhoods you find interesting.
- Ask for help and advice from friends, relatives, or colleagues who have experienced renting houses.
- Make a detailed list of the things you want, such as a pool, outdoor and indoor spaces, proximity to various places, transportation, and parking facilities, among others.
- Check the number of occupants allowed and the rules on keeping pets.
- See if the utilities are to be paid separately or if the rent includes everything.
As a final precaution, always search the address of the building online. Apart from an online search, look up community websites and classified columns on newspapers. Once you have shortlisted a few of them, send an email or call them to check for availability before you visit the site. When dealing with a potential landlord, remember to keep the conversation straightforward yet respectful.